Monday, August 15, 2011

Hip Hugger Pants Hug Her


I was sorting through an old ... um, excuse me, vintage stack of Beau's records today and I came across this one.

And, if the album cover was not enough to keep me smiling, the description on the back is beyond Excellent.


Hip Hug-Her.   Okay, it's actually the lead song on the album, and it all works so perfectly ... the fashions, the music, the writings.  

I, of course, set it right aside.   This one had Blog written all over it.    I went and viewed my patterns looking for something close.   And, well, Sort of ... but no.   I, of course, have  hip-hugger patterns, from both the 60s and 70s. 
 
Back Zip with an unusual inverted pleat in View B. 

Front Zip with wide legged bells.

Side Zipper with narrow bell.

I even went over and browsed Wikia Vintage Patterns, and they pretty much had the same.   So, the style here on Booker's LP are tapered hip-huggers of the 1960s.   

Oh well, they wouldn't look good on me anyway.    The album though, is going to be a keeper, if for nothing else (since I'm getting rid of the record player), the album art. 

Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww....I miss Booker T & the MGs. I use to hear them all the time when I was a kid. I grew up in Memphis.

    ReplyDelete