Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Doreen Crocheted Knitted Mittens Gloves Socks, Vol 96

I've now added a 5th Doreen (by Nell Armstrong) book to my collection.    This one, Doreen Two Needle Argyles - Easy to Make Crocheted Mittens and Gloves.   So, five down; about 100 to go --- unless the series did not start at 001.   I've performed quite a few Google searches looking for information and have found very little. 

The book cover says 'Crocheted Mittens and Gloves'.   But, there is a whole lot more going on here.   As many of the patterns are knitting as crochet, and there are sock and a scarf as well.       The pictures in the book are quite explanatory, so I'm giving here just a photo-journal .....     Enjoy the book.








Along with a variety of old-style, albeit fun and funky mittens are some very elegant socks and gloves.   Something here for everyone.   Of Nell's books, that I've seen so far, this one is straight-forward, not many cute drawings and, well ... strictly business.   But, what nice business. 

I've scanned this public domain book and listed it in my shop, if you are interested.      Hope you enjoyed the photo-journal.

Thanks fro dropping by,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment