Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Knit Some Clothes For Your Kiddlie Dolls, Patterns

Do you remember Kiddle Dolls?    They were introduced to us by Mattel  back in the mid-1960s.   They are a little mini-doll, ranging between 2.5 and 3.5 inches.   I have no doubt that there may still be collectors of them out there, however, interesting enough, there is nary a sight of one over at Ebay.      If you are interested in their history, there's a really good reference over at at DollReference.Com.     I, myself, did not remember these Kiddle Dolls, and I would have been prime doll playing age in the mid to late 1960s.     I suppose I was preoccupied with Barbie.     I looked them up when I picked up this booklet in my pending box of Knitting/Crochet Patterns.
This booklet, Volume 3 is from Mary Maxim.   The book is not dated, but it is pretty same to assume 1967 - 1969.    The book contains all the patterns shown above.   Or, for a better breakdown ....

 What a great Tam .... it's larger than her head !

 A very short dress indeed!   The cute will band around the waist has a bit of a ballerina thing going. 

 The fringe and pom pom on the beret would be extra fun for little girl play.

 The striped pants confirm the late 60's.   Make them bright and colorful just for fun.

 All fashionable Kiddlies must have a bathing suit !

And, the back cover gives us an advertisement for other (at the time) available books. 

As you might have guessed, all the patterns calls for small amounts of scraps.   The book title says 'Mary Maxim Knitting Instructions', but Beret and Cape pattern calls for a crochet hook.   Guess Mary just slipped that one in.   (Perhaps there is also a crochet book for Kiddlies with one knitting pattern?). 

I enjoyed looking through the book; cute little dolls and cute little patterns.    I, of course, scanned this one to PDF format and put in my shop .... just in case anyone decided to re-adorn their collectibles.   

Thanks for dropping by, 
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment