Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Knitted Dickey, Free Pattern

When I was a girl, I had a number of these dickeys.    My mother insisted on them.   It had absolutely nothing to do with fashion, or changing the look of some everyday top, but more to keep the neck warm on the walks to school.   (And no, it wasn't miles, through sleet and snow).   I'll admit, I hated them.      It wasn't until I grew up ... that my appreciation of Dickeys returned.   No longer do I think of them as something to keep my neck warm ... but an accessory; something to change up the boring same o - same o shirt. 

This particular Dickey, as fast and easy pattern, comes from a 1966 issue of Fashion Craft Magazine.    Enjoy.
Free Cable Dickey Knitting pattern
Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the pattern. I’m going to make one as a gift for my sister I saw a post on Instagram about one and was looking for a pattern

    ReplyDelete