Friday, November 11, 2011

Mystery Crochet Afghan Pattern, Shell + Popcorn Stitch

I've been collecting the Design series Crochet and Knitting Patterns for awhile.   I've managed to get a fair number listed, and cataloged, and have been trying to set a couple more handled each week.     If you are not familiar with the Design Pattern Series, these patterns were mail ordered through magazines and newspapers from the early 1940's into (I think) the mid 1970s.   They were typically marketed by companies such as Alice Brooks, Laura Wheeler, The Workbasket, etc.

I pulled 5 out of the pending box for handling this week.   Which brings me to the intended subject ....


I have to say, I've not seen a single pattern with a picture quite as vague as this one.  There are a couple hints in the pattern itself .... it calls for synthetic worsted weight yarn in a shell st pattern and a popcorn st border in colors of  (MC) Yellow and (OC) Peacock and Aqua.       And .. that's it.   It is the mystery crochet afghan pattern.

I've listed it in my shop, and I'll be totally honest .... I bet there are not too many takers on this one !    Unless, of course, someone just loves the intrigue of seeing what develops.

Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment