Sunday, January 15, 2012

Alice Brooks Designs Catalog, Knit and Crochet Patterns

I have several of the vintage (40s to 70s) catalogs from the Mail Order pattern folks.   I had been contemplating for some time, what to do with these.   You may have seen these around.   This one is an Alice Brooks Catalog.   It have no date references, but based on the furniture styles in the pictures, I'm guess late 1950s.
 This little catalog, 32 pages in all, is filled with mail order patterns that Alice Brooks chose to distribute.  

 This catalog, like the others, have an assortment of the various needlecrafts sold as mail order patterns - like clothing, 

and crafts and quilting, 

 and tons of embroidery; a very popular craft in the 1950s. 

And, a fair number of knit and crochet patterns.  

Now, I did scan and put this catalog in my shop for those that also collect them, or want the public domain images for mixed media art.   Then I continued to ponder how to go about sharing them in a way other than blog posts for the individual pages.     Then the idea came me.   I could set up individual pages here in my Blog and create a co-mingled mail order catalog of my own.   And, that's what I did.

One Page for Crochet Patterns 
One Page for Knit Patterns

I know, how about the other pattern categories.  Well, many of these sewing patterns are over at Wikia Vintage Patterns, and, at the moment, I just don't have time to take on the sewing crafts, quilting and embroidery.

If you have a couple minutes, drop by the new pages and let me know what you think.

Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie  omain, I wanted to share the pattern and cover art information with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment