Tuesday, March 13, 2012

This Pattern would make a Great Housedress

Okay, check out this one  ... (and no, I don't mean how the scarf on 'salmon lady' is blowing in the wind, although her sleeves and hair are not.   Do you think they used some stiffy?). 

Simplicity 7148 - Copyright 1975 
image

The official description says
The top-stitched dress V. 1 or top V. 2 softly gathered to buttoned neck band has front zipper, raglan sleeves, slightly lowered round neckline and optional purchased belt. V. 1 has long sleeves gathered to buttoned cuffs. V. 2 has short flared sleeves.       (Oh ... and it comes in Women Half and Plus Sizes as Well).

View 3 - I like the diversity of the front zipper.  You wouldn't be able to wear it in anything but the up position (or the neckband wouldn't work out well), but is is eye catching.   I think I'd add a beaded zipper pull to it for adornment.   As the dress is pullover, it would also make it a little easier to slip into.  This top version would look great with skinny pants, or make it just a little bit longer and wear it without a belt with leggins.

View 1 & 2 -- Although great looking as a casual dress, I think I'd put the raglan sleeves on it, make up two or three and wear them as housedresses.  It certainly looks 'loose-fitting' enough to be both sit-around and clean house comfortable !

The pants in this pattern are the standard wide leg version.   A fun note would be the top being front zip and back pants being back zip.  
image
I have this in my Shop in Both a Size 16.5 and a Size 18.5.   If you are needing a different size, I'd suggest looking over at Vintage Wikia Patterns..  

Let me know what you think.   And, as usual, thanks for dropping by.

Lorrie



 

No comments:

Post a Comment