Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dog & Bird, Felt Wall Hanging Craft Project

I came across the cute craft project in a 1953 issue of The Workbasket.  AND, as the pattern is in the public domain, I'm going to share it with you here.   Perhaps you'll see some potential.

Now, a little color would certainly perk these up a bit.  But, again, the year was 1953 !   These sweet little wall hangings are 6 3/4 inches.   They are created using scarps of felt, some glue, some embroidery thread and a little stitching.   I'd think they would be a great project to work with your grade-school aged children.   Or, forget the wall hanging part, cut the bird and the dog from brightly colored fabrics and use them as appliques on clothes, totes, pillows, etc.    (I'm going to do the bird as an applique once we get moved ... right now the sewing area is already packed for painting).

Anyway, I transferred the pattern to a PDF document and loaded in my DocStop account, should you be interested in giving it a try.

Bird & Dog Picture In Felt, A Craft Project -
Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment