Saturday, June 23, 2012

Crochet Pincushion Pattern, Nicely Ruffled

My mother sewed a great deal when I was young.  That was when it was a less expensive way to clothe your family.   She always had a number of pincushions.  She positioned them around the house.  Not just at her sewing table, but by the couch, armchair, etc.  Wherever she might land to baste or sew handsew a hem.  One of her favorites had a piece of elastic on the back where she could put it on her wrist.   It looked almost like this one.

Now, crochet was not one of her many talents, so I'm assuming someone gifted it to her, or she found it at a rummage sale.    

These memories came flooding back to me when I turned the page in Book 212, Crochet Your Gifts, from Spool Cotton Company (Coats and Clarks).  There was this one on the page as well ...

Nice variations of each other.   I'd think it would be quite easy to sew on an elastic strap and you could wear one on your wrist as well.

If you'd like to give them a whirl, I've added the to my Docstop account.

Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie


Crochet Pincushion Pattern with Ruffled Edges -

No comments:

Post a Comment