Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crazy Daisy Winder

I was flipping through a 1964 issue of McCalls Needlecraft when my eyes landed on an advertisement for the Lazy Daisy Winder.


Hummm .... Crazy Daisy Winder.   A faint bell went off.  Where had I seen this before?   I have a little tool tucked away in my craft supplies upstairs, but realized that it wasn't the Crazy Daisy Winder, but a Flower Loom.  Similar, but not at all the same.

And then, I realized it was familiar because I've seen a variety of patterns in 1950s and 1960s magazines calling for the Crazy Daisy Winder.   With two exception, I've skipped reworking these patterns for my shop as I didn't know what the Crazy Daisy Winder is, or how applicable it might be to todays' fiber artists.  The two patterns I do have ?


For the fun of it, I did go browse the web for awhile.  And WOW ... there are instructions out there on how to use it, as well as a Flickr Group with some pretty fun items.   So, I guess it is not a thing totally of the past and there are still some Crazy Daisy Winders out there!   I'll have to start processing these patterns as I come across them.

Hope you enjoy the old advertisement ... Time Saving, Simple and Money Saving too !

Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment