Tuesday, August 7, 2012

About those Jumbo Jet Knitting Needles

I've come across a number of patterns of the last few months that call for Reynolds Jumbo Jet Knitting Needles or Reynolds Junior Jumbo Jet Needles  These are apparently H U G E (as in extremely large) needles that produce a stitch so large that you can literally knit an entire dress or sweater in the matter of a couple hours.   Since I knew that sooner or later someone was going to ask me "WHAT SIZE ARE JUMBO JET NEEDLES?, I thought I'd be proactive and have an answer ready.  

 Although Reynolds Yarn Co is no longer in business (their copyrights expired in the late 70s), a couple brands have continued in the SUPER Big Needle Category.


Both Susan Bates and Lion make needles in this size.  I'd imagine there are a number of others as well.  And, how big is this stitch really?   Well ...




Should you care to take give one a try, I have several in my shop and will be entering more over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for dropping by.
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment