Sunday, January 6, 2013

Closed Shop on Craftsy

Do you know about Craftsy?    If not, you should.  Seriously - you should.  


At Craftsy you'll find online class, tutorials, patterns for knit, crochet, sewing, quilting and much, much more. Like I said, if you've not spent some time over there ... You really should.  It is Craftsy and here is the Link.

I learned about Craftsy last summer from a forum post on Artfire.    It was, among other things, a site where we could list our patterns, free of charge.   I listed a number of my vintage knit and crochet patterns and sold a fair amount.   Then upon my return from vacation in December, discovered they had closed my shop.   In a couple of communications, I learned that they had better defined the scope of the patterns on their platform.  The patterns have to be Independent (Indie) designed, and cannot be the vintage patterns that I (and a variety of others) were selling.   Fair enough.  I no longer have a vintage pattern shop at Craftsy.   (But, I'm maintaining the name and plan, this summer, to put pen to paper and put out some designs of my own  - where I will certainly list over at Craftsy).  

I am taking an online class there, at the moment - Stupendous Stitching - which I'm enjoying a great deal.  

So, if you are missing my patterns over at Craftsy, you'll find them in my new shop - TodaysTreasure.net.
Hope you'll visit me there.  

Thanks for dropping by, 
Lorrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment