Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Mail Order Design Pattern 624, 5 different Choices

Okay, so those of us that love the mail order patterns have come to know that the major player is one lone company - Needlecraft Services - that distributed their patterns under a number of different marketing names; such as Alice Brooks, Laura Wheeler, The Star, Readers Mail, and many individual newspaper or magazine names.
As I've built the my mail order pattern collection, I've learned a variety of tidbits about these patterns. For example, the same pattern was seldom distributed under more than one major name or number. And, the individual pattern numbers may have been used multiple times. The case at hand (that I'm looking at today), is Design 624.
I have three individual Design 624 patterns in my current selection.

Crocheted Bath Mops Pattern Design 624
Design 624, Crocheted Accessories;  include dish cloths and bath mops
Mail Order 624, Crocheted Cape Pattern

Mail Order Design 624, Crocheted Cape styled Shawl


Design 624, Crocheted Swan Chair Set, Marketed as Laura Wheeler in 1948 features the always popular pineapples. 



Mail Order Design 624, Crochet Swan Basket in a combination of shell and pineapple stitches.  
Now these patterns referenced are just in the Knit / Crochet categories.   I know there is at least one Mail Order Quilt Pattern, and I wouldn't be surprised to find a transfer selection as well.  Should I process any more 624's for the shop, I'll add them to this post.    

Thanks for dropping by,




No comments:

Post a Comment