Test

test test test test test test

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Knit or Crochet a Caplet, Just for Fun

Tucked away in an old (public domain) magazine I came across several capelet patterns, mostly knit but a couple crochet.  In their write-ups, some of these are billed as both capes and some as collars.  I bill them as fun.   They are 1960s and are, of course, reminiscent of the era.

This one, Pink Cape Collar,  is a pullover and knitted with jumbo 1 inch needles.  The top folds down to make the wonderful collar.


The Flower Yoke Cover-Up zips in the back (in case you have a BIG hairstyle) and features delightful embroidery work.   This one is knitted in Stockinette Stitch.

This is called the Banded Cape Collar, for apparent reasons.   It is knit/crochet and, has that go-anywhere casual look.  

The Striped Crochet Collar, sits gracefully on the shoulders with a nice twist to secure it.   Now, I can see why this one might be referred to as a collar; particularly with the little mandarin thing going on.

The Luxury Cape Collar is crochet, with a giant hook for that chunky look.   It's a pullover, close fitting piece.   I'm not sure it would work on a broader shoulder woman, but what do I know?

Now, although I like all of them, the yellow one, Banded Cape Collar has to be my favorite ... with the little Striped Cape Collar, closely behind it.     These brought to my attention how lacking I am in life.   Why, I don't own a single cape / capelet.   And, here in Southeast Louisiana, where a coat certainly would not be a requirement, a capelet may be just perfect.    I'll have to see what I can do.  

I've listed these in my shop; there might be a couple more as well ... I do have several thousands waiting for me to get around them them.

Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment